Mo Bio Laboratories Endotoxin-Free Plasmid Prep Kits
- Results in High-Quality Plasmid DNA Containing Less Than 0.1 EU/µg in Less Time
- Produces DNA Suitable for Transfection and Injection
- Utilizes a Simple Silica Spin Filter for DNA yields Equal to Anion Exchange Columns
- Rapid Protocol with No Additional Affinity Columns Required to Remove Lipopolysaccharides
- Endotoxin Levels Equivalent to Anion Exchange Columns, at 1/3 the Price
- High Yield Transfection, Ready, Supercoiled Plasmid DNA
- DNA can be Directly Used in Transfection Experiments, Injection, and Automated Sequencing
- Yield: 20 µg Mini, 50 µg Midi, 1 mg Maxi
The UltraClean® Endotoxin-Free Mini & Maxi Plasmid Prep Kit* integrates an efficient endotoxin removal step into the plasmid purification procedure to make it the fastest endotoxin-free mini prep method available. Purified, endotoxin-free DNA is suitable for transfection and injection.
Large numbers of clones that require endotoxin-free DNA can be rapidly purified using this unique miniprep kit. For larger isolation needs use our midi or maxi prep kits. No additional affinity columns to remove lipopolysaccharides are required. Cells are lysed with an improved set of alkaline lysis reagents. Endotoxins are selectively precipitated in a specialized buffer. The plasmid DNA is bound to a silica spin filter, washed once and released into endotoxin-free water provided. The plasmid DNA is concentrated enough to be used directly in transfection experiments.
Endotoxins, also known as lipopolysaccharides, are cell membrane components of Gram-negative bacteria such as E. coli. Endotoxins are released during the lysis step of plasmid purification and significantly reduced transfection efficiencies in endotoxin-sensitive cell lines. Endotoxins represent a non-controllable variable in transfection experiment setup, making results difficult to compare and interpret.
Maxi has a 50 mL silica spin filter tubes format and Alkaline lysis/endo removal method. Binding capacity, Up to 1 mg per filter. 1-4 samples. Time, 90 minutes. Endotoxin level, <0.1 EU/µg. The Mini has a 2 mL silica spin filter tubes format and Alkaline lysis/endo removal method. Binding Capacity, Up to 20 mg per filter. 1-24 samples. Time, 10 minutes. Endotoxin level, <0.1 EU/µg.