Excel Scientific X-Pierce™ Precut Pierceable Sealing Films for Automation
X-Pierce films are 89 m thick vinyl with a 18 m thick adhesive layer, designed for temporary protection from contamination and evaporation for samples in 96-well plates.
- Protect samples and limit evaporation, short-term
- Temperatures -40°C to 90°C
- Special hairline X-cuts and thin adhesive prevent fouling or occlusion of probes and tips
- Sealing film reseals for continued sample protection after sampling
- Dimensions: 79.4 x 145.5mm
A precut X over each well creates four flaps that easily bend downward when pushed by a robotic probe or pipet tip, allowing sample access without coring or adhesive fouling. A thin adhesive layer and special hairline cuts separating the X-Pierce flaps combine to prevent probes from contacting adhesive and becoming occluded. The flaps return to their original position after sampling for continued protection. For long-term sample protection after sampling, a continuous film should be applied as a second layer. Recommended for temperatures from -40°C to 90°C. Dimensions are 79.4 x 145.5 mm. Sterile product is packaged in bags of 50.