- 2-year warranty
- Maximum speed 13,500 rpm/17,310 x g with microtube rotor
- High capacity swing out rotors - up to 4 x 500 mL and 28 x 50 mL
- Multiple sing out and angle rotor options for tubes, plates, and aerosol containment
- Microprocessor control with g-force conversion, rotor ID and program memory
- Automatic soft stop braking
Multiple swing-out and angle rotor options make the Z400 series centrifuges useful for a wide range of applications from molecular and cellular biology to microplate technology and blood separations.
The microprocessors based controls are designed for quick and easy programming. Parameters are set with knobs while their values are shown on large digital displays. To prevent accidental change, the knobs are inactivated during a run unless the preset key is depressed.
Both the Z400 and Z400K feature maintenance-free, induction drives for exceptionally quiet and smooth operation. Safety features include an electronic lid lock, imbalance sensors and a rotor recognition program that automatically limits each rotor to its maximum rated speed. G-force conversion software allows for setting and display of speed in rpm or RCF. Acceleration and deceleration rates can be set at fast or slow.
A continuous flow of ambient air through the rotor chamber of the Z400 prevents sample temperature from rising significantly above ambient, even during extended runs. The powerful refrigeration system in the Z400K can maintain all of the available rotors at or below 4°C, even at maximum speed.