Mo Bio Laboratories PowerLyzer™ UltraClean® Microbial DNA Isolation Kit
The PowerLyzer™ UltraClean® Microbial DNA Isolation Kit is designed to isolate high quality genomic DNA from 1.8 mL of microbial culture
- Rapidly Purifies DNA from Microbial Cultures in 20 Minutes
- Optimized for use with Bead Based Homogenizers Such as the PowerLyzer™ 24
- Yields High Quality DNA up to 50 kb Plus That is Ready for PCR, Restriction Digests and Other Downstream Applications
- Isolates DNA from Yeast, Fungi, Gram-negative and Gram-positive Bacteria
- No Hazardous Organic Solvents or Enzymes Required
The principal of this kit is to lyse the microorganisms by a combination of heat, detergent, and mechanical force against specialized beads. The cells are lysed by using our specially designed PowerLyzer™ 24 based homogenizer. The released DNA is then bound to a silica spin filter, washed and the DNA is recovered in certified DNA-free Tris buffer. The PowerLyzer™ UltraClean® Microbial DNA Isolation Kit requires our Powerlyzer™ 24 homogenizer for maximum cell lysis efficiency.
Silica Spin Filter Tubes format. Bead Beating Methods. Binding capacity, Up to 20 µg per filter. 1-24 samples. Time, 20 minutes. Bead based homogenizer needed.
A variety of microorganisms including bacterial spores and fungal types have been tested successfully with this kit.