Mo Bio Laboratories BiOstic® Bacteremia DNA Isolation Kit
The BiOstic® Bacteremia DNA Isolation Kit enables efficient purification of bacterial DNA from cultured blood, fecal and cervical swabs while completely removing PCR inhibitors common in blood, swabs and culture medium
- Sensitive Detection Permits Use with Low Bacterial Cell Counts
- Removes All Inhibitors From Blood and Culture Medium for Robust Amplification of Bacterial DNA
- Easy-to-Use Method Requires No Special Equipment
- Rigorous Lysis Protocol Ensures Complete Lysis of Tough Organisms and High Yield of Microbial DNA
- Fast Protocol has No Prolonged Enzyme Digestions. Isolate DNA in Less Than 45 Minutes from Start to Finish
The BiOstic® Bacteremia DNA Isolation Kit utilizes our novel, patented Inhibitor Removal Technology® (IRT) combined with mechanical bead beating lysis to isolate pure genomic DNA that is free of inhibitory substances and ready to use in bacterial genotyping assays such as the Bacterial Barcodes Rep-PCR assays and other multiplex PCR or real-time PCR assays. The BiOstic® Bacteremia DNA Isolation Kit has been successfully tested on Gram - and Gram + bacteria.
Silica Spin Filter Tubes format. Bead Beating method. Sample size, 8 mL of cultured blood. Binding capacity, Up to 20 µg per spin filter. Purity, A260/280: 1.7-1.9, A260/230: >2.0. 1-24 Samples. Time, 40 minutes. Vortex and centrifuge required.
Bacterial genotyping from cultured blood can be difficult due to the presence of PCR inhibitors such as charcoal used for the removal of antibiotics from patient blood (e.g. BacT/ALERT™ SA tubes).