Advansta AdvanStain Scarlet™ Staining Kits
- Detect less than a nanogram of protein per spot
- Simple 3-hour protocol
- Stain gels or membranes
- Destain for downstream western blotting or mass spectrometry
- Clean background with no speckling for better data
- Biodegradable; contains no heavy metals
- Increased safety and simple disposal
- Image with any laser or CCD imaging system
AdvanStain Scarlet is a fluorescent stain for gels and blots that allows sensitive and quantitative visualization of proteins. Gels and blots stained with AdvanStain Scarlet can be imaged on any fluorescent imaging system, including laser- and CCD-based systems, with a detection limit of less than 1 ng of protein per band or spot. Fully compatible with downstream Western blotting or mass spectrometry, AdvanStain Scarlet is non-toxic and biodegradable, for safe and simple disposal. Compatible excitation wavelengths include green (543, 532 nm), blue (488 nm), violet (405 nm) and UV (302, 365 nm). Maximum emission wavelength is 610 nm.
AdvanStain Scarlet outperforms both Coomassie blue and SYPRO® Ruby in time and sensitivity. Gels were stained with AdvanStain Scarlet, SYPRO Ruby, or Coomassie blue stain, according to the manufacturers' protocols and imaged on a CCD imager. AdvanStain Scarlet is sensitive, quantitative, non-toxic, and fully compatible with downstream applications including Western blotting and mass spectrometry.