The illustra bacteria genomicPrep Mini Spin Kit is designed for the rapid extraction and purification of high quality genomic DNA from gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
- Total DNA extraction time under one hour with reduced lysis time
- Can be used to purify 4 to 8 μg of genomic DNA from 2×10⁹ bacteria cells with input amounts ranging from 1×10⁹ to 4×10⁹ bacteria cells
- Spin columns, prepacked with a silica membrane, provide excellent reproducibility and consistency
- Verified in several downstream applications, including Real-Time PCR, long PCR, and restriction digest
- Color coded caps for ease of use
Different elution volumes can be used to isolate genomic DNA at concentrations suitable for most downstream applications including restriction enzyme digestion, Real-Time PCR, and long PCR. The method uses a lysis solution in combination with proteinase K to gently release genomic DNA into solution from bacteria cells. The DNA is deproteinated in the extraction solution and the genomic DNA is then bound onto a silica column in the presence of chaotropic solution. Contaminants are removed during wash steps and the purifed DNA is eluted with prewarmed TE solution.
The kit can be used to isolate genomic DNA from a wide range of bacterial strains such as DH5a, TOP10, JM109, Bacillus subtilis, etc. The illustra™ bacteria genomicPrep Mini Spin Kit produces highly pure and intact genomic DNA with A260/A280 values of 1.75 - 1.85
Ordering information: The kit contains illustra bacteria genomicPrep Mini spin columns prepacked with novel silica membrane, lyophilised proteinase K powder, lysis solutions, wash and elution buffers, 2 ml microcentrifuge collection tubes, a full booklet with a detachable, quick reference protocol card.